Quick translation job? Tottemo E-Mahjong Plus

Discussion on on-line and off-line mahjong softwares.

Moderator: Shirluban

Shirluban

Re: Quick translation job? Tottemo E-Mahjong Plus

Post by Shirluban » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Barticle wrote:
Ozball wrote:11. 有りis a kanji every Reach Mahjong player should know. The reading is ari as in ari/ari (as opposed to nashi/nashi) which is usually used to refer to whether red fives and one shot wins are in use (at least I think it was those two. :s
I think the ari/ari rule-set is kuitan and atozuke but if a parlour used red fives it might cover that too.
Yes, "ari/ari" and "nashi/nashi" refers to kuitan and atozuke, when they come by pair with no rule-point specified.
When a rule-point is specified, "ari" and "nashi" refers only to it.
I.e.:
"ari/ari" = kuitan and atozuke are allowed/used.
"akadora ari" = red fives are used.
Cats don't do タンヤオ (tan-yao) but タニャーオ (ta-nya-o).
World Riichi Championship Rules 2022
Comparison of riichi rules around the world

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Ignatius wrote:I tought maybe to obtain the True Ending you need to win and lose specific matches, as players need to do in Blaz Blue franchise of fighting games, to obtain each character' ending...
That's an interesting idea - I expect you know that TEMJ+ was developed by the same studio as the BlazBlue (and Guilty Gear) games.

However each chapter has between one and four requirements (e.g. finish in 1st place, score 40,000 pts, bust the girl, etc) and you need to pass all requirements to complete a chapter (you're always required to come 1st) and to pass a chapter to unlock the next one. Maybe you have to complete the chapters without using cheats? :o It's interesting that no-one has got this trophy yet (the PS4 shows worldwide completion percentages for each trophy). The user-base is probably pretty small at the moment though and will rocket after the Japanese launch.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:44 pm

The initial version of my guide is now available here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/730640-tott ... -plus/faqs

I don't anticipate any major updates but I still have a couple of mysteries to resolve on the trophies.

Hopefully once the game's available in Japan there will be online discussion and some answers...

(thanks again for your help both!)

Ozball
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Ozball » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:36 pm

Barticle wrote:The initial version of my guide is now available here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/730640-tott ... -plus/faqs

I don't anticipate any major updates but I still have a couple of mysteries to resolve on the trophies.

Hopefully once the game's available in Japan there will be online discussion and some answers...

(thanks again for your help both!)
Looks good! (though would probably look even better on a non-smartphone screen :p) Just some speculation with the trophies, my guess I'd that the "true" endings will have some unique photos for the gallery that might not show up in the gallery at all until you get them. So my guess is if you get the all endings trophy you'll get the photo gallery trophy as well since you have all the other photos. Just speculation though.
"Furiten is the most holiest!" - Garthe Nelson

Online Ranks
Tenhou Rating: Ozball - 1608 - 2nd dan

Old Ranks
MFC: オズボール - Seiryu (Blue Dragon) Master
MFC JPML Rank: 3rd kyu
Ron2 Rating: Ozball - 1335 League: Bronze

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 am

Yes, if you can't view 80 characters per line it will look odd! It really needs a fixed-width font too.

I have wondered if my mysteries are connected. There are no gaps on the gallery screens so currently there is nowhere for new pictures to appear. :?

Ozball
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Ozball » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:03 am

Barticle wrote:Yes, if you can't view 80 characters per line it will look odd! It really needs a fixed-width font too.

I have wondered if my mysteries are connected. There are no gaps on the gallery screens so currently there is nowhere for new pictures to appear. :?
Maybe the game considers them "secret" endings despite their use of the kanji for true in the description, and will just sick them on to the end of the gallery in their own series.

EDIT: Also I'm guessing that your missing 6% is one for each picture that comes with each true ending.
Also why do some of the later chapters have requirements like: win with a 15,000 point lead and win with a 30,000 point lead? You'd figure that if you get the second you'd get the first by default.
"Furiten is the most holiest!" - Garthe Nelson

Online Ranks
Tenhou Rating: Ozball - 1608 - 2nd dan

Old Ranks
MFC: オズボール - Seiryu (Blue Dragon) Master
MFC JPML Rank: 3rd kyu
Ron2 Rating: Ozball - 1335 League: Bronze

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Ozball wrote:Maybe the game considers them "secret" endings despite their use of the kanji for true in the description, and will just sick them on to the end of the gallery in their own series.

EDIT: Also I'm guessing that your missing 6% is one for each picture that comes with each true ending.
They're certainly very secret!

I'm assuming 6 girls x 1 "true" ending each = 6 percent completion. The gallery trophy still feels bugged but who knows...? I might try to contact the devs.
Also why do some of the later chapters have requirements like: win with a 15,000 point lead and win with a 30,000 point lead? You'd figure that if you get the second you'd get the first by default.
Not only do the pass criteria in the story chapters show a massive lack of imagination they also overlap majorly.

For example: finish 1st, score 40,000+ (in total) and score 20,000+ more than the girl.

There's no Uma but the winner always gets a 20k Oka bonus so if you win the match it's impossible not to have 45k+ in total and at least 20k more than every other player.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:56 am

Barticle wrote:[...] Maybe you have to complete the chapters without using cheats? :o
With the PS4 now available in Japan there's suddenly a lot more people playing this game. I messaged the first Japanese player to earn the trophy for getting the "true" endings and s/he said that you need to complete the final chapter for each of the six girls without using cheat items - each one requires you to bust the girl.

As for the gallery completion, there are six further pictures which are minor variations of existing images (and you can press a button to toggle between the two). These are unlocked by completing a secret objective on specific chapters - one per girl. Even after completing them, I'm not sure what the objectives are! :roll:

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:10 pm

The updated version of my TEMJ+ guide is now available, with most of the major changes being on the last three trophies.

I can still only speculate about the requirements for the secret unlocks. I did try contacting Arc System Works but just got a generic response.

I'm now finally revisiting Mahjong Haoh: Dankyuu Battle 3 (PS3) from last year. Making good progress on translating and testing some of the 83 rule options! Hoping to get my guide for that game finished soon(ish)...

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:18 pm

If you need help, just ask.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Thanks. :) I'm doing okay so far, the slow bits are testing all the rule options and grinding through the challenges to unlock later ones.

A new distraction won't help my progress either - the new Yakuza game arrived today! (Ryuu ga Gotoku: Ishin, PS4 version)

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:11 pm

I tried the PS3 japanese demo and looks very cool.
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:13 am

Yeah, it'll be a lot of fun with loads of things to do. Another Kenzan essentially, just set in a later era.

I'm going to try to be good and get my MH:DB3 guide finished before I start playing Ishin...!

Masa
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by Masa » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:43 am

How is mahjong in Yakuza? :D

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:19 am

It's a great addition to the games, although the presentation and rule options are very basic (1-2 rounds, kuitan, 2-han minimum and red fives). If you know how to play mahjong it can be a good way to win money for your character.

The Yakuza series has introduced a lot of westerners to mahjong, myself included. :) The localised games Yakuza 2, Yakuza 4 and Yakuza: Dead Souls featured Japanese mahjong playable with an English language interface.

In addition to the main story and side-missions the games always include numerous minigames besides mahjong, e.g. two hanafuda games (koi-koi and oicho-kabu), two dice games (chinchirorin and chou-han), Japanese chess (shogi), poker, fishing, karaoke and - in the new game - fan dancing, wood chopping, gardening and chicken racing too! :lol: