Question about ryuuiisou

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

ijontichy
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Question about ryuuiisou

Post by ijontichy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:52 pm

I've been playing MahJong Nagomi HD on the iPad (what a time killer!) and I have a question about ryuu iisou (緑一色). I thought I achieved it on two occasions, but both times the game failed to recognise it. On both occasions, I had open melds and the winning tile was a ron. The first time, I had no hatsu (green dragons), the second time I had 3 of them (one of which was the winning tile).

So my question is, was this caused by a game bug, or is there some obscure or optional rule about this hand that I'm not aware of?

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Question about ryuuiisou

Post by or2az » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:50 am

I used the Mahjong Nagomi app (normal mode on iphone/ipod only) when I started playing because it was one of the few in english. I don't anymore.
If the ipad game is NOT the same, then the following might not help.
The hand is illustrated in the rules section. It can only contain 2-bam 3-bam 4-bam 6-bam 8-bam and green-dra.
phpD27JVaPM.jpg
phpD27JVaPM.jpg (18.45 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
It is also listed on the statistics page.
phpAfBWTgPM.jpg
phpAfBWTgPM.jpg (14.79 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
It is NOT one of the yakuman that can be turned off on the rules page. (ari/nashi)
phpJIAgqQPM.jpg
phpJIAgqQPM.jpg (11.65 KiB) Viewed 6080 times
Although I have never gotten it, I am of the opinion that it should work. Even su renko (4 consecutive pongs), can be enabled in this game!
I am not aware of any other restrictions for this yakuman but consider this.
The hand can likely be subject to furiten, especially around the 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 bams. While it may be necessary to discard the 1 and 5 bam to build this yakuman, these discarded tiles may lead to a tenpai hand with furiten. http://arcturus.su/wiki/Ryuuiisou
Last edited by or2az on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ijontichy
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by ijontichy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:34 am

Ah thanks, then it's my stupid misunderstanding, I should have read the fine print more carefully. My problem was that I thought the 2-pin, 4-pin and 8-pin were considered "green" for the purpose of this yakuman.

Kyuu
Expert Reacher
Expert Reacher

Post by Kyuu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:31 pm

I could have scored it recently:

http://tenhou.net/0/?log=2015012507gm-0 ... &tw=1&ts=6

But no, I made a poor life choice. Going jigoku tanki, instead of furiten ryanmen-tanki. Just another case to be butthurt over - for a long time.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:04 pm

just to be sure: you went for a hell wait on the green dragon (only 1 of them was still available) instead of a tsumo of the 3-bam because you had already discarded the 5-bam and that meant you would be furiten if you tossed the green-dra instead (and then would not be able to ron the 3 bam). I can just picture your reaction when you later drew the 3-bam but eventually lost the hand. Oh, the pain!!!

Out of curiosity, would you do the same thing if it happened again?