Lucky Dora

Japanese Reach Mahjong Rules. Strategy, news, sets - anything!

Moderator: Shirluban

ardiel
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Lucky Dora

Post by ardiel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:00 pm

I thought this was funny.

I wasn't really trying. Initially I didn't have much but I had two of those pei, the 678 pin and some other junk initially. I kept the pei around so I could have a fu-less pair and figured I might make something with that 7 pin as dora. Next thing I know I have a red five and am in silent tenpai with a penchan wait so I'm like whatever. Next thing I know the chick across from me riichi's and I was like "you just got a haneman last hand!" so I said screw that and riichi just for guts.

And well, this happened.

Edit:
And what's extra funny is I tanked the player to my left negative because she gave me the ron for this. The same player was also the target of the haneman of the girl across from me the hand prior.

This actually cost me the game and put me in second place.

Senechal
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Re: Lucky Dora

Post by Senechal » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:49 pm

--> cost the game

Scoring second isn't losing, it depends on context. Being able to score haneman is probably your best option given the circumstances.

ardiel
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Re: Lucky Dora

Post by ardiel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Senechal wrote:--> cost the game

Scoring second isn't losing, it depends on context. Being able to score haneman is probably your best option given the circumstances.
Yeah true, it just bugs me when I tank someone accidentally and end the game prematurely when I have a real chance of coming back. Especially when it happens so early - we literally only played three hands and the game was over.