Mahjong and music

Whatever you want to share with your RM.com friends! Chat away!

Moderator: Shirluban

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Mahjong and music

Post by Ignatius » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:17 am

I was playing mahjong, and played it while listening to music. I know it doesn't help to concentrate, but helps me to keep the mood.

When I play mahjong listening to music, I usually play electro swing, which is like the music of the 40's and 50's mostly, but with an electric and modern touch. Classy.

Of course I play without music too. But I was wondering if you do play mahjong hearing music at least sometimes, and if so what kind of music?
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Mahjong and music

Post by or2az » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:14 am

I always turn off the annoying music that comes with the game, and prefer just the sound effects and voice animations, but when I do have music playing, my T-shirt says it all.
phpLYZk9RPM.jpg
phpLYZk9RPM.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 11754 times

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Barticle » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:56 am

Yes, muting the music is usually the first priority in any new mahjong game!

I always have a big backlog of new music to listen to and this will usually be (at least partly) electronic, chilled and instrumental - ambient, dub techno, IDM, modern classical, etc - so it makes for good background music.

PS The iconic Abbey Road crossing on your T-shirt also looks like a haku kong. :)

ardiel
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by ardiel » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:10 pm

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqjn8jFJ3pI

Not really but it's funny anyway.