Saki-咲 Live Action!!

The place for video, sites, games replay, books, ...

Moderator: Shirluban

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Saki-咲 Live Action!!

Post by Ignatius » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:26 am

The TV live-action is short, four-episodes, starting in December 4th 2016, with one special episode in January 8th 2017. And a film in February 2017.

You can check the official webpage here: http://www.saki-project.jp/

You can see each girl by clicking her with the mouse, and you can change between the four teams shown in the show (the ones of the Nagano prefecture's arc) by clicking their tiles.

Blue tile: Kiyosumi/清澄
Pink tile: Kazekoshi Joshi/風越女子
Purple tile: Ryûmonbuchi/竜門渕
Orange tile: Tsuruga Gakuen/鶴賀学園

I do not expect too much from this series, but I'm on the hype train anyways. :D
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Barticle
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Saki-咲 Live Action!!

Post by Barticle » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:30 pm

Hmm, we'll just have to wait and see what it's like...

BTW it amused me that the character roster uses the yaku kanji in the other sense - "role".

Personally I'd like to see someone make a Saki/RGG crossover with an epic penguin showdown between Etopen and the Don Quijote mascot Donpen-kun! :D

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder
Location: (From Spain) In Ireland (EU) since 2016, so lazy I didn´t update this until 2019... (私は初心者だし、よろしく)

Post by Ignatius » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:48 am

Barticle wrote:Hmm, we'll just have to wait and see what it's like...

BTW it amused me that the character roster uses the yaku kanji in the other sense - "role".

Personally I'd like to see someone make a Saki/RGG crossover with an epic penguin showdown between Etopen and the Don Quijote mascot Donpen-kun! :D
The fact there are a few idols is something I don't usually like... But maybe they do a good job.

To me, the character 役/Yaku used in mahjong context is the weird thing. Or was, until I got used to it.

:D :D Etopen vs. Donpen, epic death battle!
Life is as beautiful as you want it to be, but it´s only one. That´s why you must not get tired of it. Don´t care if you don´t say something that seems "important" because your mere existence is important for someone.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Now if you enter the official website, they show you this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMuXhbuVOLM

The video is nothing awesome, decent.

Now you can see, below the teams tiles, two new buttons.

The blue one is to buy Bluray, DVD and CDs from the series. If you press it, you go to VAP shop. The purple button lets you open the promotional video again if you press it.

Also you can see 3 new characters: Hagiyoshi, Fijita-pro and Coach Kubo.

Each girl's age is really close to the age of their character, or literally the same, or so I've read somewhere a few days ago. I like it. I wouldn't like a 30 something playing a 15-16 year old character.
Last edited by Ignatius on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Now the web page has a synopsis of the first episode. Below, Hagiyoshi, Fujita and Kubo. (I entered the web through my cellphone, don't know if you need to press a button to see it in the PC or something. But it's in japanese...)

Brace yourselves, we're getting close to the airing date...

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:37 pm

If someone find a way to see the dorama, please tell me.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Found it. I'm not even in the middle of the first episode and I'm close to be bored (24 min. or so the full episode), but I will see the whole series in full, just four episodes after all. Mahjong is not shown too much, and to be honest, the girls just look close to the characters and have decent voices, that's charming, but is the only merit. The acting is just normal-close-to-bad (I didn't forget the actresses are young, so I think they gave their best). The effects are quite good to be a mahjong dorama.

Look for this on the web: 咲−Saki− 第01話 (with words like dorama, 2016, or any other thing you can think of)

If you look for it, probably won't have subtitles.

Suga Kyōtarō doesn't even exists, so the starting scene is a bit different.

rotkehlchen
Fresh Reacher
Fresh Reacher

Post by rotkehlchen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:00 am

I was following this with a certain imageboard and the mood swing was massive :D

Then again, I wasn't really surprised. It's hard to turn something "unnatural" like Saki into a Live Action. The story is shortened, the OP is meh, the actors don't fit their unrealistic characters (especially Yuki). There are some signs for me that a show is really bad and the Saki Live Action had a lot of them. But I guess I will keep watching it if only for the sake of complaining about it.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:34 pm

rotkehlchen wrote:I was following this with a certain imageboard and the mood swing was massive :D

Then again, I wasn't really surprised. It's hard to turn something "unnatural" like Saki into a Live Action. The story is shortened, the OP is meh, the actors don't fit their unrealistic characters (especially Yuki). There are some signs for me that a show is really bad and the Saki Live Action had a lot of them. But I guess I will keep watching it if only for the sake of complaining about it.
I'll do the same, I'll watch it for the laughs. The show is just meh. Better to stick with the manga and the anime.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:50 am

The TV live-action is short, four-episodes, starting in December 4th 2016, with one special episode in January 8th 2017. And a film in February 2017.
I was able to find and watch the first 3 episodes of the series on youtube with english subtitles but was not able to find episode 4 (with english subtitles) anywhere.
Anyone know if it exists and where it can be found?
Also, any more news on the live action movie?

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:56 pm

or2az wrote:
I was able to find and watch the first 3 episodes of the series on youtube with english subtitles but was not able to find episode 4 (with english subtitles) anywhere.
Anyone know if it exists and where it can be found?
Also, any more news on the live action movie?
The movie should be in cinemas right now... But I suppose it will take a while to find it uploaded to the net.

or2az
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by or2az » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:54 pm

I guess, if your interested, you already know this.
Episode 4 of the saki live action series, with English subtitles, can now be found on YouTube.
The 4 episode series covers up to the end of the first mahjong training camp.
I assume the movie, whenever it's available, will cover the rest.
Screenshot_20170610-134528.jpg
Screenshot_20170610-134528.jpg (139.88 KiB) Viewed 12311 times

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:17 am

I'll look for it, I'm curious about the translation...

Iapetus
Senior Reacher
Senior Reacher

Post by Iapetus » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:30 pm

The movie, with Chinese subtitles, has been uploaded on one of the newer anime torrenting sites. So if you know Japanese or can read Chinese, I guess you can go watch it.

As one might expect, it's not very good. Most notably, they seemed to lack the budget for special effects, and watching real tiles get slammed without any sfx makes me cringe. There's one good original gag, but the anime version of that is still better. The short length means that what actual mahjong gameplay the original had is mostly gone.

Ignatius
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by Ignatius » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:15 am

I wonder, what happened with the special episode?

The 5th, the one which would had been out january 8th.

And given what I saw with the four episodes of the live-action, don't expect too much from the film.